Saturday, May 22, 2010

Snap shots in the timeline


Perspective

I was walking home last night after a big day (2 house warmings and Kate's going away party) and was very introspective - it was good to see Conor and Kate and have lots of hugs from friends - but on the way home I started to think about how much time I have left on this world.

The set of friends that I was hanging out with were my young drinking buddies which just happen to the same age differential as my ex-fiance and me (28 vs 43) and got me thinking about connections and what brings people together.


When I got home a box of old photos caught my eye and I thought this was a good time to get some perspective of my time on this world - I know time heals so I thought lets peek through the looking glass - when I did I found a lot of perspective as the memories came flooding in.

One of the items I found was this box from my ex-girlfriend Meagan - we had a whirlwind romance in LA that finally culminated with her moving to Sydney for a short while - the box above was a gift she sent me and the text reads:

" This box is now just a box that holds a wishbone that I've been saving for the right wish! I send it to you for safe keeping! We will finely write our names on it, one for each side, so when we wish for one another, it's an instant wish come true! - we can never lose - "

This was such a nice surprise to find and reminded me what a great romance we had - and even though we broke up there is still a lot of love and respect there - it heartened me to think about how blessed I have been to have so much love in my life.

We are here for such a short period if time we should try and bring joy to all those we touch - and if we must feel pain in the process of loving then so be it - we will only respect our love more when we come out from under the shadow of grief and into the light of a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment