Thursday, August 12, 2010

Is it optimal to do the right thing all the time

I have been struggling with this thought, it is often hard or very hard to do the optimal thing ALL the time. I am not saying I am giving up, but I am saying that I am aware of the "desire" to give up. But here is the rub - if it's actually mentally more taxing to always be striving for an ideal that's not attainable - is that ideal worth striving for?

In the morning when I am half awake, I am aware of all the things that I "should" be doing and painfully aware of my failings, limitations, and bad habits. And part of this exercise has been to find ways to deal with these and be a better person. I still stretch and work out and meditate - but not as often as I should. And in the down time when I should be writing the script or working on the TV show or the other myriad of optimal tasks, I often fail and maintain the credo that I espouse on these pages.

How does one refocus their energies into the right path?

Of late I have been trying to project manage my spirituality, and what I mean by that is I am trying to put my heart where it will do the most good. And that happens to be with my son Oscar at the moment. There is nothing I can think of that I could do, that will bring more joy to mine and everyone's life other than raising a happy healthy boy.

I know that a lot of what I write seems pretentious and/or convoluted; but it isn't. It's just the way I think out loud. My sole aim of writing this blog, is to bring some joy and clarity to the tumultuous days that we all travel through.

No comments:

Post a Comment