Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Light and shade in the maelstrom

The revolution won't be televised
In all things that happen in the mind the subconscious plays a huge part, I often tried to acknowledge what part my "private mythology" plays in my day to day actions. I feel the tug of fear or my insecurities biting at the heels of success, even though there is no rational reason for it.

There needs to be a revolution in my brain, I have to shake of the shackles of learned behaviors that I am only superficially aware of. I found an interesting post that showed that the subconscious can make more accurate decisions then the conscious mind, here is an abstract:

"If the unconscious has the innate ability to make right decisions while the conscious is more likely to make the wrong one, what does is imply about human understanding of the world and truth? In my observations of human nature, it is “natural” for us to rationalize situations. Is seems that the two levels of mind of our bipartite brains are at constant odds. Though the contributions of the unconscious may be the right answers, they can be overruled by the over rationalization of the conscious. I suppose it is the human tragedy not to know reality as it is, but rather we “know” through subjective interpretations."

Full text found here

As I keep evolving this thought regime I realise there are so many factors that effect what is an optimal outcome and not least of these is the subconscious. I know there are a LOT of techniques for dealing with the subconscious - but the whole point of this exercise is to find things that work for more me on my own - so for now I am going to factor all this in, i'm not going to try an alter it for now. Rather I am going to acknowledge it's influence and find a way to identify behaviors that can't be explained otherwise.

Ultimately the goal is to live in the moment, pick the optimal path and therefore bring joy to your loved ones - living the momentus moment.

Photo attribution: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lapolab/2403693037/

No comments:

Post a Comment